This page sets out our most up-to-date policies and information regarding Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic and it’s affect on our tours. Scroll to the bottom of this page for Official Bahamas Government Travel Information.
Updated 02 Oct 2020
Key Dates: 15th October Tourism Sector Reopens. 1st November Bahamas fully open with rapid antigen testing and removed 14 Day Quarantine requirement.
All tours, bookings and reservations remain subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. See sections 3 (Cancellations), 6 (Force Majeure) and 10 (Fitness to Travel).
We encourage all customers to have Travel Insurance to cover irrecoverable cancellation costs.
Each Customer and Passenger will have a Waiver to sign, this includes notice that Bahamas Air Tours or any of our Partners cannot be held responsible or liable for catching Coronavirus/COVID-19 on any of our Tours or Services. Customers accept there is a high risk of catching the virus despite all mitigating procedures that we put in place such as increased cleaning.
Any Customer with symptoms of COVID-19, or has been requested by authorities to self-isolate due to exposure with an infected person, must not travel on our tours.
There are Temperature checks for Customers. Should you have a high temperature you maybe denied boarding.
All tourism entities within the Bahamas must have in place Government approved health and safety guidelines to receive Clean & Pristine certification.
Please ensure everyone in your group brings their face mask or face covering for the day trip. These must be worn when social distancing is not possible.
Our partners and operators have in place the following protocols and guidelines:
Re-Opening of Borders & Recommencement of Tours:
While 15th October is still set for the reopening of the tourism sector, until 31th October all incoming visitors must “Vacation in Place” for 14 days or the duration of stay, whichever is shorter, which means limiting the vacation experience to the grounds and amenities of a traveler’s hotel or accommodations. Beginning 1st November, The Bahamas will remove the mandatory “Vacation in Place” requirement for all visitors, returning citizens and residents thereby, enabling everyone to move about and explore the destination beyond the confines of their hotel or other accommodations.
New Protocols Effective 1st November 2020:
The new protocols will require visitors, and returning citizens and residents to obtain a RT-PCR (swab) test no more than seven (7) days prior to their travel to The Bahamas. In addition, and to ensure that travelers remain COVID free, a rapid antigen test will be conducted upon arrival, and then again four days (96 hours) after arrival in The Bahamas.
Specifics are as follows:
Prior to Travel:
The cost of the rapid tests on and after arrival will be included in the cost of the visa.
The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 20 minutes or less with results being provided electronically.
Many hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
All persons on yachts and other pleasure craft will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
All other visitors, returning residents and citizens will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
COVID Swab Test Requirements & Validity (until 31st October 2020):
Electronic Health Visa Applications & Requirements:
14 Day Quarantine Guidance (only until 31st October 2020): Read more here.
1. All visitors and returning residents are required to quarantine for fourteen (14) days upon arrival into The Bahamas. Quarantine can occur in one of the following:
2. Upon arrival, every visitor or returning resident will be directed to the Ministry of Health officials at the airport or Port of Entry. They will declare the location of their intended quarantine site or their intention to utilize the Government Mandated Quarantine Facility.
3. Once Ministry of Health officials approve/verify the intended quarantine site, the HubbCat APP will be installed on their telephones for purposes of contact tracing to be performed exclusively by the COVID Enforcement Unit.
4. Once a room/site is declared as an approved quarantine site, no persons, other than those approved to quarantine in that site, will be allowed to enter that designated quarantine site for the entire quarantine period.
5. Once the fourteen (14) day quarantine period is completed, all persons intending to remain in the country will be required to complete another COVID 19 test, at their own expense, to exit quarantine. Exemptions to this requirement can be granted by the Chief Medical Officer or her designate.
6. Persons in mandatory quarantine, wishing to leave the country before the expiration of the fourteen (14) day mandatory quarantine period, can do so at any time without the need to perform another COVID 19 test once they inform the COVID Enforcement Unit.
7. A visitor who refuses to quarantine and have the HubbCat APP installed on their telephones for the purposes of contact tracing will be deported and placed in mandatory quarantine in a government facility until such deportation
Temperature Screening & Face Mask Requirements:
Mon – Sun 9.00 – 17.00
4300 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL
Fla. Seller of Travel Ref No. ST41785
Staniel Cay Tours
Miami to Bahamas Day Trips
Nassau to Exuma Day Trips
Swimming Pigs Excursions
Harbour Island Day Trips