There are plenty of Miami excursions to do with you and your family whether they are Miami day excursions or things you can do in Miami and stay in Miami for the whole day. You can even visit a whole new country if you desire (more on that below).
There is a wealth of tourist attractions on and near the Florida peninsula that make perfect Miami Florida excursions. With white sand beaches, world-class theme parks, exotic islands, wild ecosystems, and foreign countries all within an arm’s reach, there’s no wonder many people take advantage of multiple Miami excursions on their vacation.
We have detailed the top Miami excursions for you below so you won’t have to do all the planning on your day trips from Miami and you can actually enjoy them!
Top 3 Miami Excursions on your Florida Vacation
Being so close to so many tourist attractions is what makes Miami an attractive vacation destination. Well, that and the weather and the beaches. Here is a detailed list of our favorite Miami excursions you can do with the whole family.
Miami to Bahamas Day Trip to Swimming Pigs Bahamas
Travel from Florida to Bahamas on one of our Staniel Cay day trips where we believe you get the most bang for your buck.
Our favorite day trip to Bahamas are Exuma excursions to the wild, remote region of the southern Bahamas. Exuma day trips offer a plethora of options — especially on our private tours — which will take you through the heart of the region and show you natural wonders like you’ve never seen before.
The Exuma Cays are a collection of islands which make up 365 of the 700+ islands and cays in the Bahamas. Pig Island is the most popular spot for tourists because of the Instagram notoriety (these pigs have become what we call Insta-famous), but it is not the only place to visit while you are in the Bahamas.
Here are some of the other spots you can check out on our private one day cruise to Bahamas:
- Bitter Guana Cay — the only place left in the world to spot Northern Bahamian Rock Iguanas.
- Compass Cay — go swimming with ten-foot-long reef and nurse sharks in crystal clear shallow waters.
- Thunderball Grotto — live a James Bond fan’s dream and explore the setting of a 007 film just as James Bond did in the movie ‘Thunderball’.
- Sunken Cartel Plane — dive down or snorkel on top of the world’s most accessible underwater plane crash and learn the history of its cartel drug smuggling.
- Sandbar at Pipe Creek — go island hopping to find the best sandbars in the Exumas. Hint: We’ve already told you where the best one is and it’s at Pipe Creek.
Our private Bahamas air charter flights to Bahamas are the best Exuma excursions available to tourists. Take our Miami excursions Bahamas Air Tours’ swimming pigs tours to Pig Beach to play with the famous Exuma pigs in the Bahamas today!
Air Boating in the Everglades Miami Day Excursions
Everglades National Park is home to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the entire planet. Matter of fact, there is not a single ecosystem on earth which even slightly resembles that of the southern Florida Everglades.
This swampy marshland is teeming with life all the way from the blue sky to the depths of the murky waters. Spend a day hovering over the water of these tropical wetlands on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ride a classic airboat over the drainage basin of southern Florida.
Your guide will point you in the direction of countless wildlife interactions — many of them being exotic species not found anywhere else in the world.
Among the wildlife you can expect to see are these crowd favorites on your Miami excursions:
- American Alligator
- American Crocodile
- Wood Stork
- Florida Panther
- West Indian Manatee
- Bottlenose Dolphin
- Bald Eagle
- Wild Hog
. . . and many, many snakes!
For the longest time, the most popular of the Miami excursions has always been Air Boating tours to the Everglades. Miami is the perfect base to explore the Everglades as it is less than an hour away to the Ernest F Coe Everglades National Park Visitor Center.
There are countless tourist companies offering day trips from Miami to Everglades for competitive prices that are hard to turn down. That is why you should book your ticket today!
Miami Florida excursions to Key West via Overseas Highway
One of everyone’s favorite Miami excursions involves a good ol’ fashion road trip over one of the most scenic highways in the world on your way to Key West of the southern Florida Keys.
The Florida Keys is an archipelago of southern islands below the Florida peninsula that belong to the state of Florida. Key West is the furthest point of southern latitude in the contiguous United States.
The island is only 90 miles north of Cuba which is why you will be able to see a heavy influence of architecture with its pastel-colored homes and conch-style structures.
It is well known for its pristine beaches and great coral snorkeling opportunities.
You may consider staying the night in Key West. It is a three and a half hour drive from Miami and chances are you will be cruising at a slow speed to take in the beauty of Highway 1. On the way, you have the chance to see part of the Everglades, Key Largo, and many tropical islands.
Below, we have listed a few of Key West’s top attractions and you can read about them more in our guide to Key West and Miami excursions:
- Duval Street — where all the nightlife in Key West takes place. Most accommodation is also on this crazy street.
- Hemingway House — former residence of American literary hero, Ernest Hemingway. It is said that Hemingway wrote several works of his art in this home in Key West.
- Mallory Square — a place for tourists and locals alike to join together for a nightly sunset celebration.\
- Southernmost Point of the United States — this is exactly what you would think. A monument marking the southernmost tip of the contiguous 48 states.
- Truman Little White House — the winter home of President Harry Truman when he was in office. He stayed here an estimated 172 days over 11 trips during his tenure as United States Commander in Chief.
- Fort Zachary Taylor — holds the largest collection of U.S. Civil War artifacts in the world and also has a nice nature park surrounding.
Bonus Miami Excursions: Take a flightseeing tour by plane or helicopter over the Miami Skyline (as seen in the featured photo). That’s right, you can fly over the glitz and the glamour and check out the trendy South Beach skyline before hitting the streets of this celebrity-studded City of Palms. Good tours will last around 45-60 minutes.
Book Your Miami to Bahamas Day Trip Today
The Bahamas are a lovely part of the world just right off the coast of Florida’s peninsula and at Bahamas Air Tours we make this island archipelago accessible from Southern Florida by Plane. It would be a shame if you were so close and didn’t get to see what a new country and cultures has to offer. Jet off to remote islands and runaway with us to this oasis of relaxation.
Take our 5-star Bahamas day trips by plane on your Miami excursions and see the beauty and thrills that await your mini Bahamas vacation. Book our Florida to swimming pigs tour today!
Get our FREE Bahamas Guidebook
Discover the Bahamas Out Islands
With beautifully illustrated maps and informative destination guides.
Download the Guidebook