Finding the right Pig Beach Nassau Excursion can be a difficult choice. With many tour operators offering speed boat tours and day trip to pig beach from Nassau, there is only one premium tour and excursion operator from Nassau; Bahamas Air Tours.
As the only operator from Nassau of Pig Beach Nassau excursions by Plane, visiting the Swimming Pigs on one of their day trips couldn’t be easier. Not only is flying the safest way to get to Pig Island from Nassau, it is by far the quickest mode of transportation. Why spend 3 hours on a speed boat taking the one way trip from Nassau to Pig Beach, when the same journey by plane only takes 40 minutes.
Having the Swimming Pigs go viral, after their Television appearances on shows like the bachelor, they have now become the top attraction in the Bahamas. Visitors come from all corners of the globe to see the famous Swimming Pigs!
Book a Pig Beach Nassau Day Trip with Bahamas Air Tours and discover the stunning Exuma Cays islands.
Ultimate guide to Pig Beach Nassau to Exuma Day Trips
The Bahamas Swimming Pigs live on a small island in the Bahamas called Big Major Cay.
Whilst a number of islands may claim to have swimming pigs now, it’s only Big Major Cay in Exuma that can lay claim to having the original Swimming Pigs . The Exuma pigs were first discovered decades ago when the Staniel cay farmers (back then Staniel cay was a small farming community) went by boat to feed the pigs. The pigs then associated the sound of the farmers boat with food, so they began swimming out to greet the farmers boat. And that gave birth to the fame and legend of the Bahamas Swimming pigs and the popular pig beach Nassau excursions to go visit them.
Where is pig beach Bahamas?
Pig Beach is a stretch of pristine white sand in the Bahamas Exuma Cays archipelago. One of three hundred and sixty five tropical islands, Pig Island is actually called Big Major Cay island. The Exuma Cays are an exquisite collection of deserted islands, forming a chain just south of Nassau.
The closest airport to a Pig Beach is Staniel Cay Airport on the island next door to big Major cay, Staniel Cay. It is a major travel gateway for visiting the Exuma Cays.
How to get to Pig Beach from Nassau
Getting to Pig Beach from Nassau is easy now that Bahamas Air Tours operates daily departures. Their Nassau to Exuma Day Trip is a full day tour excursion that takes guests by plane from Nassau to Pig Beach.
There is no public transportation between Pig Beach Nassau, only private tour operators offer day trips and excursions to Big Major Cay (Pig Island).
Day Trip from Nassau to Pig Island with Bahamas Air Tours
Pig beach Nassau Day Trips are the best way to experience the swimming pigs at Big a Major Cay for many reasons;
- All your travel arrangements are included in your day trip package. Getting to pig beach requires a flight and then a private boat charter. Why endure the hassle of trying to book all these separately when you can make one booking for a pig beach Nassau excursion.
- Pig Beach Nassau tours from Bahamas Air Tours also include your hotel pickup and drop off (with the VIP upgrade package), so no more hassle having to try and arrange taxis to the airport or worry about missing your flights.
- The Pig Beach Bahamas Tour is not just about visiting the famous Swimming Pigs, but also about visiting the many other popular attractions in Exuma see our list below.
- A pig beach Nassau to Exuma flight with Bahamas Air tours will overfly the stunning chain of Exuma cays islands – a spectacular sight that can only be seen from above.
- Visiting the Swimming Pigs is now possible direct from a Miami, Fort Lauderdale and South Florida. The popular Miami to Bahamas Day Trip has daily departures and can whisk guests from South Beach and transport them to the Bahamas all in one day!
Now there are some Pig Beach Nassau Day Excursions by speed boat operated by some local tour companies. We would highly advise not taking the speedboat tours for the following reasons:
- The get frequently cancelled at last minute, due to poor weather and rough sea conditions. If the winds pickup, which can happen often, the sea is too rough for the boats and you’ll find your tour cancelled and having to search around for another option. Since the only option when the sea is rough is the plane, you may find the Pig Beach Nassau Day Trip by plane fully booked.
- The journey by plane is much quicker by plane than by boat, since the journey by speed boat takes around 3hours one way, the total journey time to and from pig beach Nassau will be 6 hours total! Instead the plane takes only 40minutes, so why waste all your day trip on the transportation.
- By taking the plane you’ll have so much longer of your day to actually spend in the Exumas visiting all the other Exuma Attractions like the swimming with sharks at compass cay.
Pig Beach Nassau Day Trips – Exuma Attractions
The other attractions in the Exumas that you get to visit on a Pig Beach Nassau excursion include:
Swimming with Sharks
Swim with Nurse Sharks at Compass Cay, one of the most popular things to do in the Bahamas. these pet Nurse sharks that live in the waters of Compass Cay Marina are for the most part harmless to humans.
Prehistoric Rock Iguanas
Discover the prehistoric Bahamian Rock Iguanas on the secluded beach at Bitter Guana Cay. These endangered species of iguana have a distinctive red/pink colour.
Pipe Creek Sand Bar
A spectacular white sand bar that appears only at low tide is an impressive feature to visit in Exuma. Every 12 hours the high tides will wipe the sand bar clean of any footprints leaving it pristine for new visitors.
Staniel Cay Island
Staniel Cay, the main gateway for Pig Beach Nassau tours, is the closest airstrip to Big Major Cay. Aside from being the gateway it has many interesting places to visit. Stunning beaches, the James Bind Thunderball Grotto cave and the Bahamas Underwater plane wreck can all be visited here.
Book now your Pig Beach Nassau to Exuma Day trips with Bahamas Air Tours.
Discover the Bahamas Out Islands
With beautifully illustrated maps and informative destination guides.
Download the Guidebook