Wondering where to stay in Miami? We’ve got you covered.
From glittering skyscrapers and swaying palms to crystal-clear water and a distinct mix of cultures, Miami has it all. No wonder the South Floridian city attracts nearly 25 million visitors from across the world each year.
Given the size of the city, there’s no shortage of accommodation options to choose from. Travelers can opt for shiny skyscrapers, beachside condos, and just about everything else in between. The options can be a bit overwhelming, though, which is why we’ve put together this guide that highlights all of the best places to stay in Miami — both with regards to city neighborhoods and accommodations.
Regardless of where you end up staying, however, we also recommend getting out of the city for a day. Bahamas Air Tours can fly you out on a private class plane to the Exuma islands for the ultimate Miami to Bahamas Day Trip. It’s the perfect way to have fun in the day and stay at the best hotels in Miami at night!
Where to Stay in Miami
From golf course resorts to oceanside skyscrapers, read on to learn where to stay in Miami.
Downtown and Brickell
If you want to feel like you’re staying in a big city, either Downtown or Brickell is the place to be. While most of the travelers in the area are there for business, both neighborhoods provide you with easy access to luxury hotels, incredible restaurants, and fantastic shopping areas. Most of the Miami Beach hotels in this area are high-rises. But, if you’re visiting for business or the amenities, those should be right up your alley!
On top of housing world-class amenities, another perk of staying Downtown is the central location. On the northern end of Brickell, you’ll find fun and trendy areas, such as the Design District and Wynwood Walls. Both are fun to explore, providing you with the opportunity to explore art galleries and do more shopping.
Some of the top Miami Beach hotels in the area include:
- JW Mariott Marquis Miami: A sophisticated and upscale hotel offering modern amenities, including floor-to-ceiling windows, suites with separate living rooms, and a Mediterranean restaurant. There’s also a heated outdoor pool with city views!
- Intercontinental Miami: A luxurious, waterfront hotel that perfectly positions you to enjoy all of the surrounding sites. It also has a rooftop pool, beautiful suites, and a Latin American restaurant.
- EAST Miami: A chic hotel with upscale accommodations with an Asian twist. Amenities like an Uruguayan eatery, a large pool deck, and a 40th-floor bar make EAST Miami one of the best hotels in Miami.
- SLS Lux Brickell: Located right in Brickell, the SLS Lux Brickell is close to many popular sites, including the Brickell City Centre mall. Designed by Philippe Starck, this luxury hotel has everything from cabanas to a swanky sushi restaurant.
As its name implies, South Beach is the southern section of Miami Beach. It stretches for about two miles and has an entirely different vibe than the other parts of the city. If you’re wondering where to stay in Miami that will put you close to action and excitement, South Beach is the place to be.
Spend an hour on South Beach and you’ll see everything from sunbathers and Latin dancers to 24-hour DJs and LGBT parades. While the sand and surf may be the biggest attraction at South Beach, daytime drinking spots serving frozen drinks the size of your head aren’t bad either.
The Miami Beach hotels on South Beach cater to partygoers looking for a good time. Located right by the beach, the Colony Hotel is one such establishment. It offers guests a central location and the chance to enjoy the hospitality it has provided since it opened in 1936.
Given all the excitement, South Beach isn’t a great spot for families. Don’t be surprised to hear commotion and noise into the early hours of the morning!
While South Beach art deco hotels might be fun, they can be a lot for some people. If you’re after a bit more peace and quiet, you might find Mid Beach to be the best place to stay in Miami Beach. You’re not going to have the beach to yourself, but you won’t have to share it with shrieking partygoers, either. Couples and families wondering where to stay in Miami will find it easy to relax at Mid Beach.
Mid Beach is famous for having beautiful and upscale resorts. Some of these even come with spas, providing you with the opportunity to relax and set your mind at ease.
Some of the top Miami resorts on Mid Beach include:
- Fontainebleau Hotel: Set on 22 acres that overlook the ocean, this massive resort has everything from a two-story spa and seas of pools to famous restaurants and nightclubs. If you don’t want to leave the hotel, Fontainebleau may be the best place to stay in Miami Beach.
- The Carillon Hotel and Spa: Another massive resort overlooking the ocean, the Carillon is famous for having accommodated celebrities like Barbara Streisand and the members of Rat Pack. With a plethora of spa and fitness packages, the Carillon is great for health-conscious travelers looking to unwind.
If staying right on the water isn’t a priority, travelers wondering where to stay in Miami can check out Coral Gables. This Miami suburb is close to Downtown and only around a 20-minute drive away from Miami Beach.
Known as “The City Beautiful,” Coral Gables offers an interesting mix of urban and suburban amenities. In addition to ivy-covered mansions, travelers can also enjoy tree-lined boulevards, historical sites, and the nearby Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens.
Coral Gables is also famous for having some of the best places to stay in Miami. Built in 1926, The Biltmore continues to be one of the most iconic hotels in the country. It hosts galas, fashion shows, golf tournaments, and other events and offers its guests amenities such as a massive golf course, pool, and spa. It also allows guests to experience the Mediterranean revival architecture that Miami’s Golden Age is famous for!
Know Where to Go and Where to Stay in Miami
Travelers thinking about a South Florida vacation have no shortage of accommodation options, leading many to wonder where to stay in Miami. While the “best place to stay in Miami Beach” may differ from person to person, you can’t go wrong with any of the accommodation options mentioned above.
While on your vacation, consider taking a Miami to Bahamas day trip. Bahamas Air Tours will fly you out to the stunning Exuma Cays in just a few hours. Once there, you’ll have the chance to see the famous pigs in the Bahamas, explore tranquil island towns, swim with nurse sharks, and do so much more.
Sign for a tour today to enjoy an experience you won’t ever forget!
Discover the Bahamas Out Islands
With beautifully illustrated maps and informative destination guides.
Download the Guidebook